IcedTea-Web 1.2 is finally out! My apologies for the delayed release. We found some regressions when testing the final candidate and decided to hold off until everything was fixed.
New features and important bug fixes include:
- New features:
- Signed JNLP support
- Support for client authentication certificates
- Cache size enforcement now supported via itweb-settings
- Applet parameter passing through JNLP files now supported
- Better icons for access warning dialog
- Security Dialog UI revamped to make it look less threatening when appropriate
- Bug fixes:
- Plug-in/Web Start can now handle corrupted cache
- PR742: IcedTea-Web checks certs only upto 1 level deep before declaring them untrusted.
- PR852: Classloader not being flushed after last applet from a site is closed
- PR820: Firefox 10 and above no longer crashes when LiveConnect is heavily used
- MIME descriptions for Java 7 are now defined
- Build against mozilla-plugin.pc is now supported
- Web Start:
- PR618: Can’t install OpenDJ, JavaWebStart fails with Input stream is null error.
- PR766: javaws fails to parse a node that contains CDATA
- PR765: JNLP file with all resource jars marked as ‘lazy’ fails to validate signature and stops the launch of application
- PR808: javaws is unable to start when missing jars are enumerated before main jar
- Close the splashscreen in case of error (not just successful launch).
Full notes with bug ids are available in the NEWS file:
Available for download here:
Build instructions are here:
Thanks to everyone who helped with this release: